Quickload

MAHMOODB

Hi. My wife bought ql for me for a present. Ive loaded and played around with it abit. I know basically how to use it and hiw to check different powders with different seating depths etc. What i would like to learn is how to use it find ur best loads or ur most accurate loads without having to shoot out a whole lot of rounds. Can someone who is knowledgeablewith ql please help

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

QuickLoad is just a tool that helps you get close with a lot of options as you seem to know. There is no software on the planet that will figure the best load for your rifle as there are just too many unknown variables. I use QuickLoad all the time but for me the acceptable load and bullet is confirmed on the bench then on its performance on game. QuickLoad just gets me headed in the right direction quickly.

My wife bought ql for me for a present

She's a keeper! :D

QuickLoad is just a tool that helps you get close with a lot of options as you seem to know. There is no software on the planet that will figure the best load for your rifle as there are just too many unknown variables. I use QuickLoad all the time but for me the acceptable load and bullet is confirmed on the bench then on its performance on game. QuickLoad just gets me headed in the right direction quickly.

It don't get no simpler than that. lightbulb

As a long time QL users: It's been said in the thread. QL and OBT theory will get you close.

I just did 2 rifles. I need to fine tune now. Instead of 100 round ladders, I got the info I needed in 10 rounds. Then spent time having fun.

A word of wisdom when using QL,

Take the time to always input the best info/spec's,
to get the best results possible.

ALWAYS check the bullet lengths,
against what you are using,
as I have found some errors.

Always check the H2o capacity's of your cases,
as there is a great variances in all brass,
especially in the 330 Win Mag brass.

Has anyone else noted any questionable areas???

Tia,
Don

Hi Don, great stuff 1 question:

I see I can get close to the OBT but in your experience how close to the thousandth do I need to be e.g. if the calculator suggests 1.329 and my load adjustment gets me to 1.327 is that close enough or do I need to attempt to close that gap?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.