• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Primer scam

Idgunner

A friend sent me a link to a place called "The Primers House" that shows an address in Walton, Ky. It looked too good to be true so I called the Boone County Sheriff to check on them. The address given is for a second hand recycle store and the Deputy who I spoke with feels that it is not a valid business. There are several complaints about the business on other sites as well. I would not place an order with them.

It's been the conversation of other forums a couple times, I'm thinking that when you can add 1000 x 8 lbs of 4350 and pay with Zelle there might be something suspicious.

97774D31-63FC-4259-8B99-2C8C1C5B0122.png

I deal with scams like this. The best thing you can do to protect yourself is verify. There isn't much/nothing people can do to protect/get your money back with overseas actors and they know it. Don't click to fast boys you'll just be out of luck.

who is going to have that much 4350 in stock these days that would be my first clue heck its hard to find just 8lbs

Last edited:
Its usually pretty easy to pick these sites out...usually they all have the same fairly cookie cutter website, do not take credit cards directly and always have stock of multiple things that no one else has. If these first few clues are not met, its easy to google is xyz.com a legit site. This will show often a site that verifies sites and gives them a rating if they are legit or not or you will find all kind of complaints. Sometimes people get so excited to find that powder, box of ammo or primers no one else has had in stock regularly for over a year and just acts out of desperation instead of sitting back and verifying first.

Last edited:
A lot of them also cut and past their terms and conditions right off another site to sound legit and like they are realistic. I've seen them forget to change the original company name. One actually copied Midway's terms and left Midway in place on the page in the terms.

As mentioned above, these sites, plus the FB page hijackers, who have every ammo known to man, seem to originate in Cameroon or other points in Africa. You'll have more fun lighting money on fire than paying with an unprotected payment. At least you get to see it burn!