• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED **please delete**

rfd

Purchased brand new one month ago, it started out as a Savage Axis Heavy Barrel rifle (22") ... swapped the plastic for a new Boyds' Varmint Thumbhole laminate stock, replaced the plastic trigger guard with a metal one from Boyds', replaced the trigger with a new adjustable Timney (currently set at about 8oz), added a new Witt Machine muzzle brake, new UTG full swivel and pivot bipod, added in a new SSS metal single feed ramp (the Savage magazine is included and can be swapped back), new Sun Optics USA 4-14x44 first focal plane scope with side focus on new Weaver base and rings, new Plano double rifle hard case - the original Savage Axis stock is included. The total built rifle weight is 12lbs 4ozs.

The only rounds through this rifle were to "break it in" - 10 rounds shot with cleaning between each round, 25 rounds shot with cleaning between every five rounds. The cartridges were my personal loads using Hornady Match .308 brass, Sierra Match King 155 grain bullets, H4895 powder and Federal 210 primers (you can PM me for load data).

These are the very first 10 rounds fired off the bipod, with only the stock shouldered ... this rifle has potential ...

PuisGXC.jpg

Adding it all up, I paid $1327 street price for it all. There are no issues or concerns with this rifle, I just like my BPCR rifles so much better, and this rifle would get no range love. :)

FOR SALE - $750/shipped in the lower 48 to your FFL - sorry no trades, no parting out, thank y'all kindly.

kHPNiMq.jpg

M6MoYUq.jpg

RTnnO6c.jpg

blgnNlm.jpg

82TVzGd.jpg

Re: Savage Rifle build - .308 Win

nice build, shows potential.

Re: Savage Rifle build - .308 Win

ttt