Phone skope

Dot_3

I played with my new phone skope adapter today. It's a pretty cool little deal. No complaints. I tried to buy a phonecam system but couldn't get anything added to my cart. Got this a little cheaper and seems plenty robust for anything I might do with it. One thing I know is I need a sturdier tripod. Another interesting thing is that the brightness was much better when in video mode as opposed to picture mode on my iPhone 13, and even when it was getting on into twilight, the image through the phone was quite bright. No more squinting one eye for me when glassing fields for deer.

The portajon is about 1100 yards away. Good thing I took care of things before I left home!
27BFAAA3-31E7-41ED-AE66-64E16FDB710B.jpeg
98B9BD93-5EE9-488A-A0DB-8739B26E21D2.jpeg

I played with my new phone skope adapter today. It's a pretty cool little deal. No complaints. I tried to buy a phonecam system but couldn't get anything added to my cart. Got this a little cheaper and seems plenty robust for anything I might do with it. One thing I know is I need a sturdier tripod. Another interesting thing is that the brightness was much better when in video mode as opposed to picture mode on my iPhone 13, and even when it was getting on into twilight, the image through the phone was quite bright. No more squinting one eye for me when glassing fields for deer.

The portajon is about 1100 yards away. Good thing I took care of things before I left home!View attachment 418370View attachment 418371
One thing that really helps with image clarity is to get a cheap wireless remote shutter for your phone. I got a pair of them for less than $8.00 on Amazon. Connect to your phone via Bluetooth

One thing that really helps with image clarity is to get a cheap wireless remote shutter for your phone. I got a pair of them for less than $8.00 on Amazon. Connect to your phone via Bluetooth
I'll check them out! Can you run video with it as well?

The portajon is about 1100 yards away. Good thing I took care of things before I left home!View attachment 418370View attachment 418371
Did you cut down that tree just to take a picture of the port-a-potty? LOL

A cheap inexpensive Athlon talos. I'm very impressed with this spotter for no more than I paid. I got in on a flash sale from @gr8fuldoug Once I upgrade my tripod and get a remote shutter I believe things will look even better.

@30378wbymag

Here's a screengrab off a video just now at 711 yards. Spotter on 20x, phone zoomed to 3x. More mirage today but not much.
02BDFE09-FCA9-4F5B-92F5-E0403122F3C7.png

ETA: image clarity did not carryover well from phone to forum

Last edited:
Use VLC:

Windows D/L

I use it with my Drone on 4k and the screen caps are C L E A N!!!!!!! You can always post process in PP or LR
Me and tech don't get along at all. Something like that is way above my pay grade. But I do have a buddy that does some cool stuff with drones when he's shooting so I'll check him out.

Was able to get out today and catch some really cool trace as well as get a full view of the bullet going frame by frame.

Most if not all phones have voice activated shutter capability, you just have to find it;
With Siri available from the lock screen, you can now use these voice commands:
  • "Take a picture" or "take a photo" and Siri will open the Camera app.
  • "Take a square picture"
  • "Take a panoramic picture"
  • "Take a video"
  • "Take a slo-mo video"
  • Basically, any mode for photos and videos will work, except for Portrait mode.

Most if not all phones have voice activated shutter capability, you just have to find it;
With Siri available from the lock screen, you can now use these voice commands:
  • "Take a picture" or "take a photo" and Siri will open the Camera app.
  • "Take a square picture"
  • "Take a panoramic picture"
  • "Take a video"
  • "Take a slo-mo video"
  • Basically, any mode for photos and videos will work, except for Portrait mode.
Nice. The only time that won't work is if I'm hunting with something close by. I will pick up a remote shutter soon, but will try the voice approach in the meantime