Offset Synthetic Stock

scott63

Living in Northern California my entire life, the
My hunting partner lost his dominant (right) eye during his law enforcement career and hasn't been able to transition to left hand. Years ago he came across a wood "offset" stock and put his Rem 700 .270win in it and has been pretty happy with it but would like to upgrade.

Last year when we were at the Reno Sheep show he was really interested in the many lightweight rifles now available and the newer cartridges. After our Wyoming hunt this year he again mentioned a lighter rifle with a newer cartridge like the 6.5 or 7 prc.

Has anyone here had a synthetic stock made in the offset style or know of a maker that does this?
Thank you

A shooting friend of mine is used a 45* offset on his rail mount to the dominate eye. So the scope is offset to the rifle. Many people use these mounts for red dot. So the 45* has a rail and then use your scope rings to the mount. You may need to use taller rings for the offset. I know it's not what you're asking for with the rifle stock but I maybe something that could work.
Jason

Another not what you asked for. You can use a picatinny rail and high rings enabling the use of the off side eye by turning your face into the stock. Gives good cheek weld. I've set up my rifles this way because of left eye damage from shingles.

My hunting partner lost his dominant (right) eye during his law enforcement career and hasn't been able to transition to left hand. Years ago he came across a wood "offset" stock and put his Rem 700 .270win in it and has been pretty happy with it but would like to upgrade.

Last year when we were at the Reno Sheep show he was really interested in the many lightweight rifles now available and the newer cartridges. After our Wyoming hunt this year he again mentioned a lighter rifle with a newer cartridge like the 6.5 or 7 prc.

Has anyone here had a synthetic stock made in the offset style or know of a maker that does this?
Thank you
I am right-handed but left-eye dominant. I shot right-handed using my left eye for many years. While it worked OK, it was not ideal. The USAF made me shoot an M-16 for qualification. While I did better group-wise, it is awkward, especially when timed. I now shoot right-handed with my non-dominant right eye.

I have yet to see an offset stock, but some custom stock makers might be able to model from what your friend has. It looks weird, but there are offset scope mounts/modification setups that might work. Good luck!

1701087564088.jpeg

Dad, at 87, has recently developed a blank spot in center of vision in right eye. Right where the crosshairs are. Left eye seems to be better. Been taking him to get shots in eye but they are only to stop getting worse not improve things. He helped a neighbor be able to shoot who had lost sight in right eye, can't remember what he did with the rifle and scope so she shoots much more comfortably. I'll ask him about it.