• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Nikon Riflehunter 1000

dan25

Looks like my budget is only going to allow me $300-500 for a rangefinder. I am pretty much set on the Nikon 1000. I am curious if anyone has any real life field experience with this unit. How far can it range deer, and coyotes. I would love the Leica or G7, but wife says no. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks longrangers!

I'm sure the Nikon would be a nice range finder for sure. If you are working with a limited budget as many of us are and you want a great long range RF, I would strongly recommend taking a look at the Bushnell Elite 1600. I actually used mine side by side with a Ziess and a Swaro and it was by far the easiest and fastest of the three and very accurate too. I have ranged deer, coyotes, and bushes out to 800 and trees to over 1200. You can pick one up about anywhere for $500 and sometimes on sale for less. Hands down the best rangefinder out there for the money - IMO.

I have looked at the Bushnell, but don't like the fact that it doesn't give me the true horizontal distance or angle comp distance in rifle mode. As far I have read it only gives you holdover. If one of there programs doesn't match my gun, what good is that for me. I would rather just know what the actually aim like distance is. THe Nikon gives me that all the time, but probably wont range as far as the Bushnell. Am I understanding this right about the bushnell? Thanks for your feedback.

Actually the Elite 1600 has 6 different ballistic drop curves to choose from and your drop can be displayed in either MOA drop or inches of drop. I actually use custom drop dial set up for my rifle and load so that is not a concern of mine. If you want to shoot long range that is the way to go instead of relying on a generic BDC type reticle.

I understand what your saying, but my question is, does the bushnell give you the straigtline distance in rifle mode with holdover or does it give you true horizontal distance with a holdover in a addition? By the way, I mean nothing offensive, just want you understand the question. Thanks for feedback.