Newby from South Africa

Mac21

Hi there all, My name is Graham, and I have been cruising this site for a while now, it is definately a great site with some really knowledgeable members, I have already learned a lot.

I live in South Africa, and farm in the Eastern cape with sheep and cattle. I am also a PH in this province and the Northern Cape, registered for plains game. I earn my daily pittance by shooting Jackal and caracal (lynx) professionaly for farmers in the area. I only shoot at night, and average just over 200 per year.

We have really bum gun laws here, so all I have is a .270, a 9.3, a .22 and a .38 handgun, I am radically jealous of you guys in the States.

My hobbies are everything I do to earn my living, life sucks big time when you have to hunt and fish most days of your life, my worst days are better than the best day in any office.

My mail address is [email protected]

Last edited:
Welcome to Long Range Hunting Graham.

We may have better gun laws but you have the game animals that make some of us drool at the diversity of animals you guys have down there.:)

Thanks for the welcome, you guys, yes, I agree, our animals are fantastic, I never can get over the faces of the American and European hunters when they see our herds, it makes the hunt very satisfying, but please allow me my private little jealousy, I have to have something to bitch about.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.