New to the site

Hi everyone I am new here. I grew up hunting in the Sierra Nevada and Cascade mountains of North East California. After 20 years in the Navy I retired to Georgia where I am picking up target shooting since my wife doesn't like wild game. I shoot a 1957 Savage 99 .308 Winchester. I am really enjoying the looks on the range master and other shooters faces when I pull out a lever action at the range and start nailing the bulls eye at 300 yards. I know this is not an exceptionally long shot but those unfamiliar with the gun are a bit surprised. I really appreciate everyone's posts regarding technique and ideas on shooting position. I am a bit old school and am intent on becoming very good at sling shooting. The bench is fun but seems a bit less challenging. My Dad and I collected 99 E savages and have several from .243, 250/3000,.303,.300,30-30 to the .308. All of them have tine safety and display the round count on the side with one exception the .308 has the rotating magazine but no counter. I am looking forward to reading more of everyone's post. Great to meet all of you.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.