New to the board,just wanted to introduce myself.

KQguy

I am totally new to long range shooting,I have been hunting with handguns up until now(S&W 500).I just bought a new Browning A-bolt(hunter)model 300 win mag rifle with a 26'' barrel and a Bushnell 3200 Elite series scope.I have learned alot already from this board by just browsing for the last couple of day's.I can't believe how much stuff you gotta have for this hobbby,but I guess that is half the fun,buying new toy's!I am currently working on some varmint loads(110 grain V max),I am curious what they will do to a groundhog.I can't wait til the weather breaks and I can get my new rig dialed in.
KQguy

... can't wait til the weather breaks and I can get my new rig dialed in.
KQguy

I can't help you with your 300 question. But, welcome to the site.

Also, where are you locate? It's 20F here and I've been shooting every chance I get ;-)

AJ

I live in Ohio,it has been freezing rain alot lately,and the field I target shoot in is really muddy.I think I am just gonna work on getting some rounds loaded up while it is still bad out.Hopefully the ground will either freeze up soon,or just dry out so I can get out there and do some practicing.

Welcome to the site, BEWARE this is very addicting, run now while you can save your wallet, LOL You can learn alot here, just remember the first and most important thing about long range shooting is KNOW HOW FAR YOU ARE SHOOTING when you get ready to buy your range finder get a higher end model Swaro, Leica, etc. you wont be disappointed and you wont be buying a new one the next year. With that said then practice practice practice. And again welcome to our little family

Thanks for the advise,that is definately on my list of things to buy,along with a chronograph.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.