New to elk hunt

I haven't either!😁

But there are those who often suggest that we all should hunt with common cartridges that are readily available in every small town grocery, hardware store and gas station. Those of us who practice preparation for hunting trips just ignore them. I hunt with all wildcats so there's no backup anywhere. I've never missed a trip or animal.

:)

I haven't either!😁

But there are those who often suggest that we all should hunt with common cartridges that are readily available in every small town grocery, hardware store and gas station. Those of us who practice preparation for hunting trips just ignore them. I hunt with all wildcats so there's no backup anywhere. I've never missed a trip or animal.

:)
Your a better shot than me , I have missed a couple.

I have both missed animals and forgot my custom reloaded 30-06 ammo but factory ammo was available where I was going.Did not shoot as well as my ammo but a simple scope change made it shoot 1 inch at 100 yards.Got my elk opening day,first shot of the day with 165 gr Federal box of ammo and he dropped as fast as my 180 gr Partition dropped them.

Hi guys this season'22 will be my first elk hunt. I'm looking for a 30 heart rifle with a good scope that I can shoot up to 4-800 yards. If anyone has a used one that they want to sell please let me know thanks.
are you still looking for a 30 Hart rifle?