New member from SE BC, Can

Russepa

Finally joined after lurking and deciding that I needed some experienced advice on my rifle and my new hobby.
We live in the Kootenay region of BC, real fun area to live, lots of good hunting. I've been mostly elk hunting for the past several years in an area that is quite thick and the shots are limited to 75-100yrds absolute max. I really haven't had need to practice LR shooting. But we're going for goats& sheep next Sept, so I want to get my Ruger M77mrk II 300wm stainless synthetic, bought new in 2005, grouping consistently at some pretty good range. We have a nice range in town, up to 700yrd. So I am going to be shooting lots this year and also getting into reloading. I am hoping someone can give me some tips on where I should start with my rifle, was thinking bedding would be a good start? Maybe there are users on this site that are experts on this rifle,I'd love to read up on their posts.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.