New huntin pup

NONYA

Got my new Springer pup Sat,plan on having pups out of these two in about a year and a half.
1pup.jpg

1pup2.jpg

The only thing better than a Springer is TWO!

Congrats,

My first hunting dog was an English Springer (named Brownie). Of all the hunting I've done, the sweetest hunting memory I have is when I was 13 and hunting a hay field for Doves. I had my trusty single shot 12ga 30" barrel full choke. My dad had showed me how to hold a second shell between the fingers of my left hand for a quick second shot. Anyway, Brownie flushed 2 doves, one went right and one went left. I shot the one to the right, reloaded and shot the second one (about 40 yards). Brownie ran out and picked up the first Dove and without even slowing down, dropped it at my feet on his way to the second Dove. He retrieved the second one, dropped it at my feet and sat down next to me and waited for the 'Good Boy' and pat on the head. Of all the hunting moments I've experienced, that is the purest/sweetest memory I have.

I wish you moments like that with your new pup.

AJ

^Thanx AJ,I have had at least one springer since i was an infant,MANY of my fondest field memorys involve a springer.Just last week Nick(the grown one) bailed out of the boat and did a triple retrieve for me and my partner,swam back and forth dropping a duck at the boat each time,fun to watch.

I'm with devildoc & Nonya all the cats I see are called Cookin Fat.

I'll let you work it our a while, then I might tell you why;)

ha, ha, ha. Yeah Ok, cats are still better though. You can have your dogs which for me a better targets, they're bigger. Oh and they spin around in circles if you catch them right.

Yhe well your little kittys jump like they are in a giant frying pan for a good 30 sec. after my .17 hmr HPS rip their tiny little skulls into hamburger,now THAT is entertainment!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.