New Guy From MN

StrutNut

Hey everyone. New to this site. New to long range hunting. I am proficient with a rifle at ranges out to 300 yards but have not had the need or opportunity to shoot beyond that as I mostly hunt thick growth in the woods of MN. In fact, most of my shots have been less than 50 yards. I am also proficient with a handgun (former conceal carry instructor) black powder and archery gear. I have mostly transitioned into archer hunting but I have been getting the bug to start rifle hunting again. I used to hand load all my rifle rounds and plan on doing that again. I also shot competitive trap in my college days. Now, I mostly hunt waterfowl and white tails but hope to add moose and a western hunt or two into the mix. I also have hunted Turkeys in several states. Husband, father of two and christian. I dont know, is that enough:D

Welcome aboard! But be prepared this site has cost me some money for new toy's, but money well spent! Been hearing stories about lot's of coyotes from your area and further west, might want to add them to your menu.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.