New GA member

Ruskin

Hi everyone. I started researching a new scope for my elk hunting rifle and quickly found out there is so much I don't know about scopes for hunting out west. I thought finding a scope that I could dial out to 800 for less than a grand would be easy. Come to find out I need to learn about FFP, MOA, Mil, ect.

Looking forward to reading through all the old posts. Thanks to everyone that has contributed that came before me!

--Bryan

aka Ruskin (on all other sites like JKOwners.com and Rokslide.com)

Hey Ruskin, Welcome to LRH, there is a lot to learn about them. I'm in N. Florida and shoot at AIM in Blakley,GA. I'm familar with all of those scopes you mentioned. I've never hunted Elk out west, but have shot a few prairie dogs near my property in Sweetwater Wy. I shoot alot of F/Class and LR Steel and some BR. One thing I have learned over the years that it takes good glass to get the job done, whatever it may be. Scope adjustment options I believe depends on what you are comfortable with, because at times speed and accuracy with all the elements involved are crucial. I have a Leupold VariX3 6.5-20x40 sfp with Stoney Point turrets 1/4 MOA that I'd use. I could go on and on, but there is a lot to learn and I will leave that to the guys that have that experience. I hope some will post here, simply because I am always willing to learn something also.

Good Luck,
Don Dunlap

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.