New from Texas DFW area

loiblb

I'm not that new to shooting, but now I'm retired so have some time for it. I looked for info on 6.5x284 and this forum had lots about it.

I have a Remington 40 xbr in 6.5x284 with a Vais muzzle brake and jewell trigger. It's scoped with a Nightforce nxs 8-32x56 that I'm still not up to speed on using.

The gun feels good first time out, got the rifle on paper at 50 yards with two shots last week using Norma factory ammo. I'm a little green on reloading. Coming home from the range all I could think about was the rifle is going to be a lot of fun with good dies, brass and good info on the round.

I have another rifle being barreld by Benchmark barrels in .243. I hope that will be on the range in the next month.

Welcome to the forum from Goodyear, Az. The reloading bug bites hard, but will be a necessity for the customs you are shooting. Have fun and enjoy the retirement, I have 1 more year to reach it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.