New from Northern CA

DGWJR

I've been a member now for a few months. I believe I came across the forum when looking for some reloading information or when I was researching my long range rifle build. I've been a member on the 24 Hour Campfire for about 11 years. I've had a few classified transactions on both forums. I've been pretty lucky and have had good dealings, and have met some nice people.

Welcome to the forum! What kind of shooting do you like to do?
Thank you, I like to do all kinds shooting. We shoot pistols, trap shoot, center fire and rim fire. I want to get into long range shooting, and eventually hunting. Just got my long range rifle built. Just getting into reloading to. I need to try and work up a good accurate load for my 300 win mag. But I need to do it with a lead free bullet because I live in CA. I'm open for suggestion using Barnes, Nosler E-tip or Hornady GMX. Thank you, Dennis

Well, I have fished many tournaments on Clear Lake, cashed a few checks and at one time sold some fishing tackle to a couple of the retail stores there. Jimmy and Jan, at Clear Lake bait and tackle are good friends of mine.. Small world. I live in Cottonwood to your north and into the valley, just below Redding and Anderson. I belong to the Tehama Shooters asso., and we have a very nice range east of Red Bluff that has great facilities and targets out to 1000 yards.

Well, I have fished many tournaments on Clear Lake, cashed a few checks and at one time sold some fishing tackle to a couple of the retail stores there. Jimmy and Jan, at Clear Lake bait and tackle are good friends of mine.. Small world. I live in Cottonwood to your north and into the valley, just below Redding and Anderson. I belong to the Tehama Shooters asso., and we have a very nice range east of Red Bluff that has great facilities and targets out to 1000 yards.
It is a small world. I know the tackle store you are talking about I don't know the guys there but I have been in a few times. I've never fished any tournaments on the lake but my dad has. All we have down here is a 200 yard range. It's nice but I would like to start shooting longer. Do you have to live up there to be a member of the 1000 yard range up there ?

May I reccommend Hammer bullets, and also Badland precision bullets, as they are non toxic bullets with good bc's. I do not know about badland precision bullets, but I know Hammer bullets have a proven track record for good terminal performance. And also, the owner of hammer bullets is on this forum, good knowledgable guy.

I have family in northern California, Red Bluff and Los Molinos.

May I reccommend Hammer bullets, and also Badland precision bullets, as they are non toxic bullets with good bc's. I do not know about badland precision bullets, but I know Hammer bullets have a proven track record for good terminal performance. And also, the owner of hammer bullets is on this forum, good knowledgable guy.

I have family in northern California, Red Bluff and Los Molinos.
I've never heard of them but I will look into both. Especialy if one of the makers is a member. Thank you for the info. Dennis

I've never heard of them but I will look into both. Especialy if one of the makers is a member. Thank you for the info. Dennis
This from hammer, if you have a standard 1:10 twist 300 wm
https://hammerbullets.com/product/308-cal-181g-hammer-hunter/
HPBT design 181 grain Bryan litz bc of .453 g1

Or this if you have a 1:9 twist
https://hammerbullets.com/product/308-cal-214g-hammer-hunter/
HPBT design, 214 grain Bryan Litz bc of .530 G1

Or this from badlands precision for 1:10
www.badlandsprecision.com/product/113/308-196gr-bulldozer
196 grain, aluminum tipped advertised bc of .600 g1. BC is derrived from flight times.

Any of them would be worth a try I believe.

This from hammer, if you have a standard 1:10 twist 300 wm
https://hammerbullets.com/product/308-cal-181g-hammer-hunter/
HPBT design 181 grain Bryan litz bc of .453 g1

Or this if you have a 1:9 twist
https://hammerbullets.com/product/308-cal-214g-hammer-hunter/
HPBT design, 214 grain Bryan Litz bc of .530 G1

Or this from badlands precision for 1:10
www.badlandsprecision.com/product/113/308-196gr-bulldozer
196 grain, aluminum tipped advertised bc of .600 g1. BC is derrived from flight times.

Any of them would be worth a try I believe.
Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. I'm new to reloading so I'm not sure what powder, primers or seating depth to use.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.