New Comer First Question

redleg fdc

This is my first time on this forum. I am from the Texas Gulf Coast. I do have a question for those of you that are avid shooters. My son tells me that when he shoots his 300 Win Mag, the first round is on target. The next round is off. If he cleans the bore, the next round is back on target. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this and how can it be fixed.

Howdy Red, and welcome to the forum.
Can you tell us if this is a factory off he shelf rifle or a custom/semi-custom rifle and - in either case - who made the rifle.
Is your son shooting factory or reloaded ammunition and what factory ammo or reload specs. can you provide?
Also "off" the target means ? What's the distance between the first and follow-up round.
There are quite a few things that might cause the conditions you describe so having more information might make it easier to provide some analysis.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.