New Build Almost Put On Hold...Then Upgraded Instead!

lancetkenyon

I have a heavy 25CM that I built strictly as a LR steel banger.

20220527_132239.jpg

Defiance Deviant Tactical SA
26" 1:7.5" Bartlein #13 steel (Sendero contour)
TBAC CB w. Ultra 7
Manners EH1A
BixN Andy Tac Sport Pro
Premier Heritage 5-25x56
Seekins 6/4 rings

Weighs 15lbs+/-.

It shoots small groups, but only goes to the range.

I have been ordering and gathering parts to lighten it up to make it more friendly to haul around. Plus designed a reamer to step up the HP in a SA .473BF. ;)

Manners LRH
22" 1:7.5" Benchmark Sendero CF

These two items should lose at least 3-4lbs.

Well, yesterday at Cowtown, I had scope issues with the Premier. I have had it for 15+ years and bought it used, and have thousands of shots under it. Bummed me out thinking what it would cost to replace that scope. Only a very few compare to it (TT525P or ZCO57).

This put my thinking about the rebuild on hold overnight.

Went today to the range to try and figure out what is up...I figured it out.
100% user error. The Premier use a totally tool-less zero stop. Apparently, last time I was zeroing, I didn't quite get the turret cap all the way down, so it was skipping clicks. Got everything zeroed back in, and cap how it should be. I cranked that turret 28MIL up and down, half up and down, and shot 1. Repeat, shot 1, repeat 10 more times. All is good! RTZ was perfect. Rifle is shooting as good as it ever did. Made me sort of regret preparing to tear it apart...so I am not going to now.

Since I just saved myself about $4-5k+ not needing to replace the scope...while sitting at the range...I got on Pucker Factor Precision's website...and ordered a Defiance AnTiX SA standard bolt face to use all my parts I already have! That should shave another 13oz!

If you are looking for a Defiance, Pucker Factor's prices are the best out there right now. Saved me $450. I ordered it about 9:00am, and got a tracking number about 5 hours later!

New build:
Defiance AnTiX SA
22" 1:7.5" Benchmark Sendero CF
TBAC CB w. TBAC suppressor
Manners LRH
BixN Andy Tac Sport Pro X (need to buy still)
DBM (need to buy still)
Scope TBD

Will be chambered with my new reamer I just approved yesterday. So the wait for the reamer will be the longest lead item. Hopefully 8-10 weeks like last time I ordered from JGS.