New .338

jbo829

Anyone intrigued with the new 338 rpm from Weatherby do you all think it will have a good following or another dead cartridge
995BF21C-DAF1-497D-A33E-332071F871DA.png

it is a 338 win mag on a standard bolt face, both are in the 84-85 gr capacity. it will be a good option for those that want to rebarrel an old 06 or those that whine about the belt on the win mag. only downside will be brass quality and if you will have to down load it to save primer pockets.

So a 338 win mag without a belt, yet less brass around the primer so the pocket is even weaker? That's sounds like it will be obsolete in no time. They introduced the 6.5 RPM a couple years ago and you never hear anything about it.

Last edited:
I been looking at a .338 but still ain't over my back surgery so thought maybe it would be a good little round but definitely would need a good stock and brake

If I had not just commited a Remington 700 action to a 280 AI, this is something I would really look into. Prior to ordering a barrel, I had been waffling back and forth between a 280 AI and a 338-06.