Need new bolt for custom action but can't get one

Roll-Yur-Own

I have a prairie gun Works action from 2003. Need a new bolt but I have no idea where to get a replacement bolt from that matches my action.

I emailed the company, but they never got back to me. I think they stopped selling to the public along time ago. I still think they should get back to me but what am I going to do, they are in Canada.

I Searched for custom bolts, but I cannot find anything. Anybody know of a company that makes custom bolts?

Thanks to all!

I heard they made bolts, but I thought they were just for rem 700 actions. I will give them a call.

Thank you very much

Two reasons, one the original bolt won't go back together after removing firing pin. This happened before and I was able to get it back. This time no go.

The second reason is that it's 338 Lapua and I want to rechamber to a smaller cal for target shooting. I have enough big boomers!

Two reasons, one the original bolt won't go back together after removing firing pin. This happened before and I was able to get it back. This time no go.

The second reason is that it's 338 Lapua and I want to rechamber to a smaller cal for target shooting. I have enough big boomers!

It sounds like both of your issues with the bolt could be resolved by a competent gunsmith. Maybe one of the smiths that post here could help you.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the information.

I have to assume you are in the U.S. since you know PGW is a Canadian company. They have always been busy and when you add in military contracts, things can go bananas! If Email doesn't work, use the phone, you might get someone to answer.

Personally, I would seek out a reputable gunsmith to get your bolt to go back together. Possibly there is something which can be fixed to help in the reassembly.

Then I would suggest selling your PGW and getting the rifle/barrel/cartridge/stock you really want so that all the components work together.

:)

I have a gunsmith here that I can give the bolt to. But, don't want a 338 Lapua anymore. Also, I always need a project!

But, don't want a 338 Lapua anymore. Also, I always need a project!

You don't have to revert to the .338 Lapua if you sell the PGW rifle.

DIY projects have grown prodigiously over the last few years. Pick an action then look through all the barrel makers providing Pre-Fit barrels. With a barrel nut and headspace gauge you too can assemble and test your next cartridge decision. Without actually counting, I'll bet there are a dozen or more shops to make barrels into Pre-Fits or barrel makers providing that same service. Many are reasonably priced and have a decent selection of chambers available.

:)