Need info on 1989 Savage 110

SouthTXBowhunter

So, I picked up an older Savage 110 .243 (sported barrel) for almost nothing and it's in practically new condition. Turns out it was made in APPROXIMATELY Sept. of 1989 but that's ALL Savage can tell me about it - something about the company being sold around then and not having any records of the rifle. I'm looking for some info on it if anyone can tell me more about it. It is stamped with Model 110 and nothing else; but some google searching for values and info kept coming up with model numbers that have a letter (or series of letters) following the "110." It came with a Weaver K6 Ultra fine cross hair scope - I think it's 4x. I'm curious whether the scope was part of a package that the rifle came with or something a previous owner put on. Also, wondering what trigger it came with and whether a trigger job or a replacement would be a better option?

Any info someone could provide would sure be appreciated!

I picked it up because I got it so cheap and it'll be a fun rifle for my wife and kids. Heck, I'll bet it has seen 50 rounds through it. There's one tiny scratch that you can hardly find and not one spot of rust anywhere. It was clearly a safe queen.

The triggers on them suck, but I like the barrels. Bedding will help also if it has a walnut stock. Good luck

You can make that trigger work very well. I have done a bunch of them and never failed. Stone it and adjust. Done.
All the info you need on the gun is on Savageshooters.
Most Savages will shoot.

You can make that trigger work very well. I have done a bunch of them and never failed. Stone it and adjust. Done.
All the info you need on the gun is on Savageshooters.
Most Savages will shoot.

I took it apart and did a little sanding on the barrel channel to relieve some contact at the very front of the stock. Before I swap the trigger I'm going to try to adjust it and I read that you can put moly powder or graphite powder on the seat and dry fire it a bunch to smooth out/polish the sear. The article I read said not to stone it. But, if it worked for you, I may try that if some adjustment to the tension and travel screws and the moly powder doesn't do enough for me. I ordered an electronic trigger pull gauge because I've been wanting one (and this was a great excuse, lol!) because another warning was not to back the factory trigger off below 3#.

Once I get the trigger done I'm going to see how she shoots, before I decide about bedding it. Not quite sure where I'm going with this rifle. Lol. Bought on a whim because it was a steal of a deal and I thought the wife and kids would enjoy it. Normally I might think about putting it in a McMillan stock but I don't think it's worth going to that extent with a sporter barrel. I dunno - I'm just blabbering out loud. Lol. Hoping some definitive plan will magically form in my mind. :)

I've got a 10/110 predator in 6.5CM and it's a terrific shooter out of the box.all I've done to it is thread the barrel for a suppressor and it shoots .5moa groups with 120gr Hornady factory ammo. If this thing shoots half as well, I'll be happy with it for the family or a truck gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.