Muzzle device between a muzzle brake and suppressor

Any interest in a product like this?

• Yes

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Does anyone have the desire to preorder a brake? It would be a few weeks before they are ready for delivery but it would sure help offset my out of pocket cost. It's looking like the compact will come in at $225 and the magnum at $250. They will be black nitride treated

UPDATE:
I was able to find a new source for material that should cut maching time down substantially and potentially cut costs by about 40% or so. New prices will be posted as soon as I receive the updated costs.

I also was able to get my hands on the MAGNUM version over the weekend. My wife and I were able to sneak away for a little bit today and put some rounds through it. We will be cutting down the videos and posting it up on YouTube tonight hopefully. I will post the link to the video as soon as it is done. I am very impressed with the performance of both products

An idea....cylinder diameter might block vision in low mounted scopes....could the topside be a cutdown(kinda of flat) to allow for the vision impaired......or maybe top and bottom reduced...allowing the sides more room to throw the noise forward.......just ideas.....never ever had a good one.....

My scope is mounted pretty low and there was no obstruction of vision. I played with increasing volume of the shroud and it made no noticeable change to recoil. So for the magnum version I just had the shroud filled with a muzzle brake. And I don't think we could guarantee any flats machined into the shroud would end up at the top position due to differences in muzzle threads

What I was able to put together yesterday. My wife has all the video of me shooting on her phone and we will be getting it up today. Got a little busy with the kids yesterday and didn't get it finished. But at least this is something

Nice. But do you have videos from the same position while shooting? It would be easier to know if the difference was from the shroud
My wife has videos on her phone that were filmed from the same position. It includes my 300 win mag with the magnum and my 6.5 PRC with the compact. I'll post the link to that video as soon as it's edited and up

Here's the full side by side comparison

Visually it's pretty clear there is a good recoil reduction. The magnum shrouded had a noticeable reduction in sound.
I guess functionally, those gasses are cooling enough on the shroud to reduce the pressure and thereby reduce the sound report as well as redirecting the gas forward. Witt Machine sells a similar product but you have a patent. Good on you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430-115715_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430-115715_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 7
Visually it's pretty clear there is a good recoil reduction. The magnum shrouded had a noticeable reduction in sound.
I guess functionally, those gasses are cooling enough on the shroud to reduce the pressure and thereby reduce the sound report as well as redirecting the gas forward. Witt Machine sells a similar product but you have a patent. Good on you!
The video sure makes it sound like it is quieter after the snip with the brake. But I assure you, it is still a 300 Win mag going off. I stood 6 feet behind my wife with my ear pro out while she shot it with the shroud on. Would I hesitate to shoot it in a hunting situation with no ear pro? No, I would not. Is it anywhere near ideal? No, absolutely not. It's about equivalent to a bare muzzle as much as the human ear can differentiate