• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

McMillan for a savage

Sugar Shane

Hello all. Looking for a McMillan stock, preferably a game hunter or game warden / scout, inletted for a savage model 12. Short action. 4.4 action screw spacing. Top bolt release. Sendero profile.Thanks

Pretty sure what you are looking for doesn't exist. A-3 Sporter is your option, I have one in a Savage.

Pretty sure what you are looking for doesn't exist. A-3 Sporter is your option, I have one in a Savage.
Copy that. I know im looking for a unicorn. Im going to call McMillan to see if they will inlet me one. I may have to send them the barreled action. Just seeing if someone had one laying around lol.

They are around but hard to locate. I have an A-5 that I got off of eBay and I had found another one from a guy on savage shooters. If you aren't in a hurry, one will turn up.

To be honest, I have no idea. I just talked to a rep from Mcmillian and she said they no longer inlet for savages period. You have to order a flat top and have a smith do the inletting. Bummer.

That is a bummer. Well I'm seriously considering putting mine up for sale. I went with the Oryx chassis and have been waiting to find a savage .308 win for a build. Guess I'm gonna have to make a decision.

Recent Posts