• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED McMillan A5

338RUML

Is a McMillan a5 rem 700 stock worth the money? Would it be a good stock for hunting? If not what are some good composite stocks that would be good for hunting

Hands down the best stock made in most opinions with manners running neck and neck in that race. Keep in mind these two stocks are both tactical style stocks. With that in mind they both make more traditional hunting stocks as well. I don't have any experience with the manners hunting stock but the Mcmillan has a really nice feel with the palm swell. You can't go wrong with either... If weight is an issue I think manners might have Mcmillan beat by a little. If you're trying to achieve light weight I think a slimmer contour barrel would look off in an A5 or manners tactical stock... Just an opinion. If I were building a light weight rig I would look at the slimmer forearm models. My 2cents...

If you are looking for a deal... You could find an HS Precision take off stock from a sendero for a fraction of the cost of buying new

If you are looking for a deal... You could find an HS Precision take off stock from a sendero for a fraction of the cost of buying new

Where would I find one? I would like a composite tactical/hunting stock it will mainly be used out hiking in the hills but I am still considering a richardsons laminated thumb hole they just weigh a lot.

You're in the right section with this ad. Just post you a WTB: _________ ad and see what you can get. I'm sure you will find a take off rather quick