• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Marlin 915Y .22LR Buckaroo

JasonAL

Looking to buy a Marlin "Buckaroo" 915Y .22lr bolt action. Looking for either a blued or stainless version.

These are a smaller youth model single shot bolt action that was discontinued in the early 2000's.
Have seen them referenced as a model 15 also.

The marlin youth I have has a horrible trigger. FYI
Really makes it tough for my little girl
I've heard that about these and other Marlins. Have you tried an Mcarbo trigger spring? Is the trigger gritty or just heavy?

I already have a Savage Rascal it's almost too light at times. Just wanted to add something similar with a little extra weight and width.

Cz scout with a spring kit in trigger would be a great option also, they make single follower mags for learning while young!

Cz scout with a spring kit in trigger would be a great option also, they make single follower mags for learning while young!
That one looks good. But really for that price point I'll cut down an extra T1x stock for my .22lr T1x

I've heard that about these and other Marlins. Have you tried an Mcarbo trigger spring? Is the trigger gritty or just heavy?

I already have a Savage Rascal it's almost too light at times. Just wanted to add something similar with a little extra weight and width.
I'll have to dig this out and look at it. I honestly don't remember what model it is or anything.