Looking for a long range in South Alabama

gilcarleton

Hi There,
Glad to be on board. This looks like a great site and I am glad I found it. I moved to Foley, Alabama (about 15 minutes north of the Gulf of Mexico and about 40 miles southeast of Mobile) from Oregon about 2 years ago. Haven't met any shooters yet but now that I am retired I would like to get into some long range shooting. Does anyone know of a range somewhere in the area that is at least 600 yards? The longest I have been able to find is 200 yards. They tell me there is on in Pascagoula, Mississippi that is 1,000 yards but that one is about 70 miles from me and I have not be able to verify if it exists or not.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Wishing everyone the best and a very Merry Christmas,

Gil

google foor K&M gun range. They are located in N.Florida about 3 miles south if Alabama in the Black Forest.

Thanks DGD6mm, That is about 136 miles from where I live but it looks interesting. I see they have Long Range Training but I wonder if they will allow someone to just come out and shoot. I am going to contact them and see what they are all about.

Over on 6br they have a list of F/Class ranges, midrange and longrange. Mississippi and Louisiana both have ranges that should be what you are looking for. A lot of good people and good shooters. I'm in N.Florida and plan on shooting at La.in 2015. I frequent this site and 6br daily. My advice and not to take you away from here would be to go over there , join and put some feelers out, you will get good responses.

Thanks again for your help. I looked over the web site and it looks like a good one. I could not find the list of ranges though. I checked over the 6mmbr and Accurate shooter. Would you mind in telling me exactly where the list is?

gil, I sent you a pm over on 6br. n the beginning of the tread that nodak7mm started fr the ranges, there you can find the spreadsheet. I also bumped it up to the top in the competition forum.

Don Dunlapgun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.