• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Long Range Hunting Gun

This will certainly be a vague post that will stimulate some thoughts....I apologize in advance.

I am beginning my search for a long range gun that is capable of taking elk, deer and antelope out to 1000 yards.
I am open minded to 7mm/.284, 30cal or even 338.
I don't plan on this being an ultra light. Something in the 10-14# range is fine.
Load work up would be a plus. I do reload but I've found that, despite my best intentions, my spring and summers are full with work and family commitments and my true time to devote to load work up prior to hunting season is limited.
A full package with scope, turret, brake, load work up, etc would be ideal.
I don't have a particular price point so please send along any thoughts, guns/package that you may have for consideration.
Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts.
i have a custom 338 win mag stiller predator douglas custom barrel it has a small amount of load data it only has 65 rounds fired have loaded ammo and all nosler brass. has a pelican hard case a luepold scope.please let me know if you may be interested i am going to bump it now so it will be on the front page of guns for sale,thanks robert.