Load Data Needed

Jim Hundley

I am wanting to make up some loads for a .300 Win.mag. using the Nosler 165 gr. Accubond,Lapua brass,Fed.GM215m primer,and H4831sc.This will be shot from a 25" Hart barrel.Can anyone comment on this combo?If so,what is a safe max powder charge?I know that every rifle is different,just ball park.I am hoping for 3185-3200 fps.Is this velocity out of the question?
Thanks,
Jimmy
ps:can get this using Ramshot Hunter,but I want a denser load and a Temperature insensitive powder.Have tried H-1000(up to 84grs.)but it is to slow.I know RL-22 would work,but don't like the velocity swings in different tempts.

Thanks seewhat89.I was hoping for a load using H-4831sc because it would be less sensitive to the cold than IMR-4831.Max load from Hornady is 78.9 grs.with their bullet.Hoping to work up to 79-79.5 with H-4831sc.That should give me the velocity with the temp.thing.Don't know if it would be accurate or to hot,yet.
Jimmy

So far, every rifle I have had with resistance to accuracy has been cured with H4831sc. Just something I have noticed lately. Only one way to find out if the loads will work and that is to burn the powder and find out. I got the powder to do the same thing, but I am only losing 50 fps from summer heat to winter heat in E TX with this load. Well within my shooter variablility at 200m with both loads. I have not taken it out to 500m because the scope doesn't have enough elevation to get there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I have a *** Burris 4x12 subcompact I picked up 15 years ago cheap, and it is. One of these days I will get around to shipping it back to get all the parallax and fog taken out, but it still shoots very well when I can see through it clearly.

Check the ballistics of the 180 gr bullets. I believe you will find a similar trajectory with more energy.
good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.