• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Leupold VX-5 HD 3-15x44 CDS-ZL2 Leupold VX-5 HD 3-15x44 CDS-ZL2 Leupold VX-5 HD 3-15x44 CDS-ZL2 Illuminated Firedot Duplex 172368

cowboy1911

Leupold VX-5 HD 3-15x44 CDS-ZL2
30mm
Matt Finish
Side focus
Firedot Duplex reticle
Factory model number #172368
As new. Was mounted and not used. No ring marks.
Changed to the same scope without illumination for a Colorado elk hunt next week. Colorado doesn't allow illuminated scopes, even if you take the battery out.
Don't know how the header triplicated itself, but I can't edit it for some reason.
Asking $985.00 Delivered

DSCN7925.JPG
DSCN7928.JPG
DSCN7930.JPG

Last edited:
I wondered when they changed the law.
Outfitter was incorrect. Illuminated reticles in riflescopes are absolutely legal in Colorado. Lighted sights on bows are not. Optics of any type (illuminated or not) are not allowed on muzzleloaders.
A sight that projects light as a laser is not.

I wondered when they changed the law.
Outfitter was incorrect. Illuminated reticles in riflescopes are absolutely legal in Colorado. Lighted sights on bows are not. Optics of any type (illuminated or not) are not allowed on muzzleloaders.
A sight that projects light as a laser is not.
Wow, I just bought another VX 5 HD that's not luminated. The outfitter told me not legal! Colorado goes back and forth on so many things it's hard to keep up.

Illumination is fine, microchips are not. So the new Burris PH is not legal in CO. Below is the verbiage.

"SMART RIFLES are prohibited, including any firearm equipped with a
target tracking system, electronically controlled, assisted or computer- linked trigger or a ballistics computer. Any firearm equipped with a scope containing a computer processor is considered to be a smart rifle."