Leupold 1200i rangefinder?

crazyhorse

Looking for a new range finder and was wondering if anyone has used this particular version from leupold. I can't afford the big boys and it seems like the most bang for my buck regarding distance, capability, etc. They seem to average around $399 and I got quite a few Bass Pro gift cards for Christmas that would ease the pain. Any suggestions are welcome, would like to be at least 800yd capable.

Thanks!

Its not a leica but I have ranged a whitetail at 1053yds and this past weekend a group of bulls at 933yds it is kinda picky on the light conditions but I sure like it alot and for the price it is really good....

Its not a leica but I have ranged a whitetail at 1053yds and this past weekend a group of bulls at 933yds it is kinda picky on the light conditions but I sure like it alot and for the price it is really good....

Well said. I was even impressed with my Leica last week when spotting for my brother while hunting. It was getting real dark and I range some deer with it at 209 yards only to hear him say he couldn't get a good view could only see white spots through the scope. I called bull as its a large lenses on said scope so I grab the gun and sure as **** just tails. After that he let up on his saying I wasted money on it cause his Leopold was just as good. That being said for the price they are great units.

I have no experience with the Leupold unit but I looked around the classifieds here and bought a used Leica 1600B for $575, which included a tripod mount. That is more than the Leupold but I wouldn't say it is in a different league, price-wise.

When I was looking to upgrade i was looking at the leica 1600 and the Leupold 1200 and I made sure that I was able to bring it back and get the leica if I didn't care for the Leupold and I didn't even consider exchanging it...and its half the price

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.