• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Leupold 1-inch rings (3 pairs) for Ruger M77

Hugnot

1 pair, matte, high, extended front, like new - $40 - shipped
1 pair, matte, high, extended front, shows wear, modified to clamp on narrower than spec Ruger receiver, works on all - $25 - shipped
1 pair, silver, high, like new - $30 - shipped
all rings - $90 - shipped IMG_1626.JPG

USPS money order goes out same or next day, checks need 2-3 days to clear.

These just did not work out well for my rifles; after centering reticles, then mounting scope with bore sight, most of lateral (windage) was used up to correct far right (not political) point of impact. I plan to drill & tap receivers for pic rail - just an advisory.

a friend of mine has an old military rifle some one had drilled and taped it for scope rings he put a pic rail on it but could not get enough windage for the scope to work so he as me for help i put a long straight edge on the pic rail looking down the straight edge it missed the end of the bbl by an inch

Ruger saves $ by investment casting (lost wax process) mount dove tails into receiver during manufacturing process vs. drill & tap. I wish Ruger would restore their old round top receivers that I believe would accept Remington 700 mount bases. I understand that their investment cast process is good for .007 (plus/minus) variations. Using these Leupold rings makes for reticles far off from center. How far off varies receiver to receiver. Ruger brand rings, intended for the M77, are better designed. I lap Ruger rings, both front & back clamped on receiver, then ID each with last 3 of serial number for use on that rifle. After lapping & ID rings have more contact surface, Ruger rings give reticle centers close to being centered upon bore sight or 25 yard zero - with my 30mm scopes & zippy rounds, no problems with hits to 1,000 & more.

" i put a long straight edge on the pic rail looking down the straight edge it missed the end of the bbl by an inch" - horrible gunsmith job - ever see receivers with multiple drill/tap holes? Would work out for sideways shooting.

I will give offer 1 week then extinguish it. No reasonable offer refused (cheap).

Last edited: