Len's 690 Yard Montana Muley

ADMIN

Administrator
On the 13 hour drive to Wibaux, Montana the gusty wind was commanding legions of tumbleweed out onto the road in front of me as I approached the eastern Montana state line. When I stopped at a rest area the reading on my Kestrel handheld wind meter indicated 22 miles per hour. The tumbleweed soldiers would easily win their skirmish under these conditions. Not the kind of wind a long range hunter dreams of. I was optimistic, though, because the "windcast" on Intellicast.com last night told me this strong wind would be diminishing near Wibaux by the time I took the field tomorrow morning.... Read More...

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Len's 690 Yard Montana Muley, By Len Backus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed the heck out of the article Len. Looks like mighty fine mule deer country. No, he's not the biggest buck on the mountain, but he's the kind of buck most of us manage to take when we go hunting.

Every year I start out dreaming of 180 - 200+ inch bucks... And usually bring home something much more like the one you got. It's the hunt I enjoy - and someday maybe I will hammer that big buck. Until then, I'll keep enjoying the hunt.

Seems you did a fine job.

Congrats, Guy

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.