Leica 2700-b

TBuckus

Looking for input from users.
Has anyone used the SD card on this model to download their load data? How easy was it and do you feel there was an advantage to it?
This model also says it has a temp and pressure sensor. Im curious to know the accuracy of it. I'm amazed at what they can do now a days.

I currently have a Kilo 2000 and am looking to upgrade. I'm also looking at the Leupold RX-2800. Both of these are in my price range.

Camera Land has them on sale right now for $499.00.... I just got one from them, and have yet to play much with it except for off the deck. Sadly I probably am not going to get out to play with it much until February/March. I decided that even if I didn't use the SD card, the Quality Glass, small size, and quick reading as worth the sale price. Off my deck the farthest I can see is about 1890 yards, and I was picking up stumps in a clear cut. Not much Help, but wanted to let you know about the sale.......

Looking for input from users.
Has anyone used the SD card on this model to download their load data? How easy was it and do you feel there was an advantage to it?
This model also says it has a temp and pressure sensor. Im curious to know the accuracy of it. I'm amazed at what they can do now a days.

I currently have a Kilo 2000 and am looking to upgrade. I'm also looking at the Leupold RX-2800. Both of these are in my price range.
Tbuckus,

I have a review on the 2700b on this board here somewhere if you want to check it out. But the long and short, depending on how far you shoot and the actual ballistics of your rifle, the card is very useful because past 600 yards, the presets very possibly may not be sufficiently accurate. It depends, maybe you will be lucky and one will match up perfectly, but the discrepencies really start to pile up past 5 or 600 yards.

As far as temp and pressure....pressure is very accurate in my experience when comparing it with my Kestrel, and the data for that I have proofed out to about 1500 yards or a bit more. Temp is a different matter. The problem with all temp devices, including the Kestrel, is that the sun, your body heat, the temp in your car vs where you shoot etc. all effect the reading the device gets. And it takes a while for the sensor to stabilize to the new environment. Kestrel gets around this by having a process to clear and lock the temp so it immediately reads the ambient temp and is uneffected by the sun or whatever. But overall, it's close enough in my experience that I have been able to trust it out past 800 yards when using a custom curve.

Glass on the Leica is fantastic, ranging is outstanding (although I hear the RX is pretty great ). Overall, it's a fantastic RF, and at the prices I understand they are available for, an outstanding value.

Anyway, have a look at my review if you like, also glad to chat further on this if it's helpful, just PM me.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.