Ken Farrell Bases

Brent

I spoke with Ken today and wondered why he had not retained the picatinny slot spacing from the front all the way through to the rear like Nightforce or Badger Ordinance. He surprised me with, "now they are." He didn't have a LA 700 20 MOA base but is making me up one this next week.

I don't think Brownells has the new ones, Sinclair should though. I had him make me one as he was replacing one I have that was .010 shorter on one side in the front for some reason.

Very nice guy, bent over backwards to help me out then chatted about a number of things for while. Savage he said, may go from 6-48 up to 8-40 screws in there receivers next year. BO, NF and Farrell bases are being made pretty much the same now, spacing anyhow. Swapping scope in rings between them all just got a bit easier.

Ken is a nice guy and his staff is very accommodating. I spoke to them a couple of months ago about a specific base and conversation turned to the Howa actions. They said that they were working on a custom base and would build about a fourteen when they were set up. I ask about how long would this take, they said about two weeks. I ask for a call when available. Sure enough, right on time and a perfect fit.
db

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.