It's Who You Know

scope-eye

Scope-eye was bragging to his wife Pat one day, "You know, I know everyone there is to know. Just name someone, anyone, and I know them."
Tired of his boasting, Pat decided to call his bluff, "Okay, how about Hugh Jackman?"
"No dramas, Hugh and I are old friends, and I can prove it."
Scope-eye and Pat knocked on Hugh Jackman's door. Jackman answered the door in only his boardshorts which Pat appreciated.
"Scope-eye! What's happening? Great to see you! Come on in for a beer! Deborah and I've just fired up the grill."
Although impressed, Pat was still sceptical. After they leave Hugh's house, she tells Scope-eye that she thinks him knowing Jackman was just a lucky coincidence.
"Okay. Name someone else," Scope-eye replied.
"Hmm, let me think. How about Donald Trump," Pat quickly retorted.
"Yep," let's fly to Washington."
The next day they were off.
At the White House, Donald Trump spotted Scope-eye on the tour and motioned him and Pat over, saying, "Scope-eye, what a surprise, I was just on my way out for a game of golf, why don't you and your ball-and-chain join me?"
Well, Pat was very shaken by now but still not totally convinced. After they left Donald at the country club she expressed her doubts to Scope-eye, who again challenged her to name someone else.
"Pope Francis," Pat replied.
"Sure!" said Scope-eye. "I've known the Pope for years."
So off they flew to Rome.
Scope-eye and Pat joined the masses assembled at the Vatican's St. Peter's Square when Scope-eye said, "This will never work. I can't catch the Pope's eye among all these people. Tell you what, I know all the guards so let me just go upstairs and I'll come out on the balcony with the Pope."
He disappeared into the crowd headed toward the Vatican.
Sure enough, half an hour later Scope-eye emerged with the Pope on the balcony, but by the time he returned to the Square looking for Pat he discovered her surrounded by paramedics after having apparently suffered a heart attack.
Making his way to her side, Scope-eye asked, "What happened, honey?"
Pat looked up and said, "It was the final straw... you and the Pope came out on to the balcony and the man next to me said, 'Who is that guy in white on the balcony with Scope-eye?'