IOR field of view

cdog

Hello all, just a quick question about the IOR website and the field of view stated for the 3x18 and the 6x24 scopes. The 9x36 seems to make sense to me but the other two seem not to be what I expected. I realize it seems foolish of me to question their site stats but can anyone answer this? The fov for the 6x24 is what really caught my eye, 52ft on 6 power, is this accurate? If so it seems to be WAY more than other 6x24 scopes I've looked into. Thanks in advance,CDOG.

Thanks for your reply. Although I am still amazed by this, it raises another question I'm afraid. I really dont know very much about optics but I have read they are like everything else in life, full of compromises, so what would this design be giving up to have such incredible field of view? In many cases we would all like more magnification at one time or another, but usually the trade off is very poor fov so we steer clear of this if we want a dual purpose scope.(my 8x32 burris has 14ft at 8x so you can see why this excites me so). Again any response is greatly appreciated, CDOG.

I don't know it gives up. I was a leupold guy, but not anymore. The IOR scopes are the best value in my book. If your looking for an IOR scope, reply with your email and I can get your a great price.

I was just looking on the swfa site, and it said that the fov on 6x was 17ft. This seems much more reasonable. However, for the 3x18 it states that on 3x the fov is 61ft, the same as on the ior site. Still a little confused but I would believe that 61 ft is also somewhat hard to believe, CDOG.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.