Hogue Axiom! Any experience with'em?

longrifle

My problem, as my significant other sees it anyway, is that I want a gun for EVERY hunting situation. I want this one if I'm on the beanfield, I want this one for when I slip through the timber, etc.. Personally I think thats just pure common sense! But I guess we all fight that problem, I've already bought two rifles "for you Honey, 'case you wanna go with me sometime!!!"
Recently this "StarWars" lookin' rifle caught my eye and for the life of me I just can't shake it!! It's called the Howa Axiom, comes in a bunch of deer calibers and it's scope mounted, ready to go for about what I'm expecting to have to shell out for one! Has anyone ever had any experience with this weapon? I know they are affiliated with Weatherby, not sure how...
Appreciate any and all feedback....either ya talk me into looking harder at it or you save me some money!

PICKASPOT, A little spot.....squeeze.....

I have a Howa in .223. Tuned the trigger and added some auto body putty to make a big palm swell on it ...then wrinkle painted it. The cheap sob is the most accurate rifle I own with Black Hills 40grainers from the big box. Out shoots my custom rifles with its cheap TC scope. No, it is not the new Axiom version but that will give you at least one response to your question about quality... durability...been shooting it easy on varmints (not pds) for 20 years

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.