FNG from CA

sneedro

I'm a misplaced Kansan living in Southern CA due to work, but I can't really complain.

I like guns, have always wanted to know more about them and as I "google" stuff one of the very first posts that pops up is a thread from LRH, so I'd read those. I noticed this to be a continuous trend, however, that is not how I found this site. One of the members introduced me to it.

Along with guns I like to hunt when I can, fish as much as possible, hang out with my kids (to include taking them fishing every opportunity I get), riding my motorcycle and so on.

Getting in depth on rifles is new to me as is shooting at long ranges. I have shot at 500 yds a lot and am quit comfortable there. Granted it was a with 5.56 round.

I have been in search for the "right" rifle for a while. I thought it was a simple as buying one off of the shelf, but the more I talk with the one who introduced me to the sight I realize it's not that simple.

Simply put I have never taken anything bigger than a duck, killed quite a few dove and quail in the past. I intend to get home (SE Kansas) next winter and get me a deer.

Enough rambling...glad to be here and looking forward to learning. I'll sit in the back for a while, until I start to learn more and questions come up.

hello Sneedro. i also lived in Kansas. Topeka, Osage City. spen some time in Neodesha. I live in santa barbara now. I am also a newbie to LRH.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.