Federal gold medal 300 Norma ammo?

DJ Fergus

Has anyone laid their hands on or shot some of the federal 300 Norma ammo? I'm not sure that it's even been released. I'm not really into shooting factory ammo much but I do like the advertised price for this ammo. I also actually like federal brass in some cartridges. It's not as good as say: Lapua or Norma but I've been pretty happy with it for a cheap alternative. Happier with it than Winchester or Remington brass. I'm not trying to start a brass debate war, just my opinion and I'm sure there's folks out there that like win & rem brass. Anyway, I got a little off of my original question. Like I said, I'm just wondering any has physically saw the 300 Norma federal ammo on the shelf somewhere or shot some of it. Just curious about it.

Haven't seen it-- just shot some of the 225gr Hornady ELDM through my 300norma. Sub 1/2" at 100 yards. Only shot 9rds total but will stretch it out next trip.

Good to know the Hornady is worth trying. I'm sold on ELD-M bullets. I've only tried the eldx in one bullet. I think it was 212 or 200. I can't remember, but I chose the 208 eldm over it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.