Eastern PA (Chester County) Treddyfryn PA

Jkushner11

Avid shooter, collector and lover of all Firearms Tactical. 2nd Amendment is tattooed on my forearm, My teacher, advisor and mentor: served in the Israeli Special Force's (Golani) and did most of his long range work with a Remington 700 .308.
I'm private sector and exclusively shoot for sport and competition, I'm not a hunter currently - a lot of hunting ears ago.

MY COLLECTION:
Shotguns: nary one with a tube capacity less than 7 rounds (Benelli S1-M90, Remington 1100 Comp Master 12ga, Mossberg 935x 12ga EXT and Remington 870 Knox 20ga EXT),

Rifles: *Armalite AR10 A3 Carbine .308 (optic: Trijicon Accupoint 3x9 w/Burris FFII on tube),*RRA NM-DCM AR15 .556 converted to DMR/3 gun rifle (optic: Burris XTR 1-4); *ZM weapons LR300 AR15 .556 (optic: Luepold CQ/T 1x3); FN FNAR .308 20" w/bipod
(optic: Burris XTR 4x16 w/Burris FFII on tube), DPMS CAR .556 Eotech 517 with ARMS irons BUIS, H&K SL8 .223 converted to use AR Mags, Kel-tec SU16c .556 with Seemore 2moa dot.

Pistols: Many, compete almost exclusively with CZ handguns (CZ 85 Combat & CZ 75 SP01), 1911's used in single stack, S&W 686 for revolution competition. A lot of custom work on triggers and accuracy only - no cosmetic work)

God Bless Ronald Reagan (Milton Friedman)!

USPSA, IPSC, IDPA, Steel Plate

Thnks Joel, I am really looking forward to learning a lot here. I was bit by this bug about a year ago whe looking for a match to prepare for upcoming 3 man/3 gun event.
I ended up at a club where I had shot IDPA before but this was a Tactical Rifle match shot on a well maintained CMP/DCM range out to 600. I had .556 with me (60gr!) and was the only guy shooting this caliber (with 1-4 scope), I could see a lot of suppressed .308 bolt guns on the line and a couple SASS .308's. Forgot a bipod also. Anyway, they were more than supportive and did what they could to help - all good folk. Thinking that Carbine division would be CQB, I chose the rifle division and they started at 300 and quickly progressed to 600 yards.

Although I couldn't say that I shot well that day (horrible would be a better description), I had an absolute blast. Since then, I have been working on setting up my equipment and learning and shooting. Also bought .308 dies for my press, for down the road.

So thanks for the welcome - I really look forward to learning from all who frequent this forum.

Sincerely,
Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.