Does ring and mount height effect the MOA?

the beast

I just bought a Vortex PST and I have vortex rings and mount coming, but right now I put on Lepo mount and rings. I have shims in there and they are not tight...I did exactly as vortex said to do, but I can't get a full rotation on my turret. Could the mount and rings have anything to do with this?

I just bought a Vortex PST and I have vortex rings and mount coming, but right now I put on Lepo mount and rings. I have shims in there and they are not tight...I did exactly as vortex said to do, but I can't get a full rotation on my turret. Could the mount and rings have anything to do with this?

Would the turret do a full rotation without the shims? How many shims did you have to install?

I ask, because I couldn't imagine the offset from the rings and base being so drastic that you would have to install enough shims to block a full rotation. I'm leaning more towards there may be a problem with the scope, or the way the shims were installed.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.