Delete

I don't know about the financial side of things. And to me this isn't just "emotional". I'm biased as a married man haha, but I'd maintain that, while you two obviously love each other, are committed and faithful and share a life together….there is still something sacred about declaring before God and witnesses that you are for each other till death, forsaking all others, as the traditional vows say. That's not meant to be in any way judgmental towards those who are not married. But it is my stance, that I do beleive in the value of marriage and that it's not just a formality or a relic from a bygone era.

Just my .02, all the best.

Is it financially worth it? Yes. Taxes, improve if only one is working. Car insurance goes down, homeowners insurance goes down. Also since you've been together so long common law probably comes into play so the financial risk associated with divorce is probably already there (as in if she split now she'd take half your stuff in court plus child support etc.). So ya if you're actually committed I'd say it's financially worth it but the rest of it I'm not gonna dispense advice on. I'm married. Been married for over 12 years. Not always easy but worth it to me.

Idont know ? If I waited 1o years my wife would have split.. She worked in sales at a small store, I pounded nails.She went on to be a local radio icon, and then had a second career in comminications, that came with insurance for 3, perks, and a nice income.Gave me a son and hunting partner, now Im a elk hunting grandad,THINK IT WORKED OUT. Im self employed, so my taxes are times 2, so that's a real headache

I feel marriage isn't a financial decision. Been married 26 years, my father is still a cpa ( hes been one for 60 years now-- and he's been married for 56 years) -- he feels the same way.

If for some reason you are concerned about financials-- there are always prenuptial contracts you can have drawn up.

Most states have common law where she/you could file for divorce/alimony/child support, so if that's a concern of yours- you are probably already into it that far.

I feel marriage isn't a financial decision. Been married 26 years, my father is still a cpa ( hes been one for 60 years now-- and he's been married for 56 years) -- he feels the same way.

If for some reason you are concerned about financials-- there are always prenuptial contracts you can have drawn up.

Most states have common law where she/you could file for divorce/alimony/child support, so if that's a concern of yours- you are probably already into it that far.
I'm not concerned about financials…. Maybe I didn't explain correctly. "Tax related" does it help or hurt?

Recent Posts