• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Deal found on Trijicon Tenmile 5-25x50

So would this particular scope being discussed be suitable for varmint hunting, particularly prairie dogs? I'm in the market for a scope in this range and this one sounds intriguing.

Thanks, John.

So would this particular scope being discussed be suitable for varmint hunting, particularly prairie dogs? I'm in the market for a scope in this range and this one sounds intriguing.

Thanks, John.
Maybe. Depends on the reticle I Guess. Being a fine reticle with a small center dot it night work well for your needs.

Thanks, John.
It would be a good scope for me and my p dog hunting. You're the only one that can answer this question for yourself. If you don't like to dial and instead use hash marks, maybe not so great. If you're shooting a hot rod inside 350 yds good choice. if your shooting a long range lobber and like using hash marks get a first focal plane option. Only you can decide what is best for you. Loaded question to many variables.

It would be a good scope for me and my p dog hunting. You're the only one that can answer this question for yourself. If you don't like to dial and instead use hash marks, maybe not so great. If you're shooting a hot rod inside 350 yds good choice. if your shooting a long range lobber and like using hash marks get a first focal plane option. Only you can decide what is best for you. Loaded question to many variables.
Not really a loaded question and not many variables in shooting pdogs either. John is just asking for opinions not SA reprimands....may want to lay off the espresso. lol

A second focal plane scope would not be my choice for P. Dogs. The reticle will get awfully large, on a small target, when you dial up max power

Thanks for the replies and all is good. Scope would be on a .223 AI shooting 53's between 300-600 yards mostly. I like to dial but have a couple that I'll use the hash marks.

John

Thanks for the replies and all is good. Scope would be on a .223 AI shooting 53's between 300-600 yards mostly. I like to dial but have a couple that I'll use the hash marks.

John
There are definitely trade offs to be considered when buying a scope. That is why I tried to point out some of the personal things/wants/needs a shooter might look for in a scope. This is a great scope and price, but lacks a couple of features that only you as an individual can decide if you can live without. Good hunting.

Best look at the reticle is on Trijicon website. Reticle is still very usable you just need to understand the sub-tensions.

I may also add that this comes with same Tenebræx® caps that my NF NX8 came with which sell for $105 alone. Also comes with full Neoprene scope coat.

IMG_2123.png

Last edited: