• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Custom match grade .223 build

mfran615

I am contemplating selling a recent build of mine to fund another. It is a .223 I put together for something easy to shoot that wouldn't hurt my shoulder (getting it replaced soon). However I recently discovered a good muzzle brake will tame even some magnums enough that I am able to shoot them. So now I am thinking about selling the .223 and building something more suitable for 1,000 yards to 1 mile. Here are the specs:

Bighorn Origin action
Pre-fit Bartlein 5R 1:7" chambered in .223 Wylde, heavy Palma contour finished to 26" with an 11 degree target crown from Keystone Precision
McMillan A-5 adjustable, sniper fill painted in FDE transition
TriggerTech Special trigger
Hawkins M5 detachable bottom metal
AI 10 round magazine

The rifle weighs in somewhere around 13-15 pounds. I haven't weighed it but it is somewhere around there. I have approximately 200 rounds through it. I shot a 1/4 MOA group at 100 with 77 SMKs and several other small groups.

As for price, I am looking to get around $3,200, which is about what I have into it. If you are seriously interested, we can discuss price, but I won't be letting it go for much less than that. I will also be glad to send photos to any who are actually interested, but will try to get one or two pictures up later. It is a sweet looking and sweet shooting rifle, but now that I have started shooting long range, I think I want something bigger.

Last edited: