• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Custom 338 Edge

nchunter182

Safe cleanout continues. This is one of my long-range fun guns. This gun weighs 16.75 pounds with scope. Really too heavy to be a carry gun for hunting, but I have used it to take a mule deer at 750 yards. Mostly used for steel targets out to 1000 yards. I've tried the 300gr AccuBond, 300gr Match King and rifle prefers the 300gr Berger. I'm estimating round count down the barrel at 250. Stock is in great shape since I didn't carry it hunting very much. I do see some small marks on the metal work with the worst being on the bolt handle knob. These will be shown in the pics.

I have many reloading tools and components for this caliber that will be offered to the buyer of this rifle before posting for sale individually. Scope and rings not included.

Price is $2400 and buyer pays shipping to your FFL.

Send me a message for additional questions and to arrange purchase.

If you live in Texas, I'd prefer to do a face-to-face deal. Willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet up with you. Also, glad to do a Facetime call to discuss rifle.

Thanks,
Jay
  • Stiller Predator stainless steel repeater action with fluted bolt
  • Obermeyer 29" 1-9.5" twist 5R rifling Army Marksmanship Unit (AMU) profile stainless steel barrel – muzzle .900" at brake
  • Extra thick recoil lug - .300"
  • Piercision Rifles 4-Port slabbed "Muscle" Brake
  • Bushed bolt firing pin hole and turned firing pin – work performed by Gre-Tan Rifles
  • Pacific Tool & Gauge BDL Oberndorf Bottom Metal
  • Barrel installed and chambered by Southern Precision Rifles
  • Includes PTG piloted finish reamer used to chamber barrel and GO gauge
  • Reamer throated for the Berger 300gr Elite Hunter bullets
  • Jewel trigger – set to 1.5 lbs
  • EGW 20 MOA scope rail
  • Wyatt's Outdoor CF9 extended length center feed magazine – will allow for a COAL of 4"
  • Bell and Carlson M40 stock with Pachmayr recoil pad
  • Additional recoil pad spacers to customize length of pull – currently 13.75" length of pull
  • Additional weight was added under recoil pad to better balance gun with its long heavy barrel
  • Picatinny bipod rail installed on forend
  • Action fully bedded with Score High Gunsmithing Pro-Bed 2000 epoxy – barrel fully free-floated
  • Barreled action and bottom metal coated with GunKote
  • Includes custom embroidered soft sided gun case from Shoot-Long
IMG_0821.JPGIMG_0822.JPGIMG_0824.JPGIMG_0825.JPGIMG_0826.JPGIMG_0827.JPGIMG_0829.JPGIMG_0830.JPGIMG_0831.JPGIMG_0833.JPG