• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Cooper Model 22 Muzzleloader

The Oregonian

I am not at home so don't have pics yet but at least wanted to get this out there now.

I have a Model 22 Muzzleloader, fired may 50-70 shots. I bought this a year ago because the outfitter in Kansas was booked up on rifle and only had ML spots open. I got ready for the hunt last year, went hunting, took a nice Kansas buck, and am going to be doing rifle hunts from here on out.

About the rifle - it is a schnabel model with wood stock. When I got it the stock was slightly touching the barrel on the right side. I had a gunsmith fix that and pillar and do a new skim bed after that, as well as clean up the trigger. Coopers shoot well, but this shot very well after that. I am selling at street price of a new gun bc of the work done and it is a known shooter.

I shot 80gr by weight BH209, CCI magnum primers, and Nosler ML BT bullets. The load was recommended to me and it worked so i stuck with it. I knew i would be about 150 yds and in and this was plenty good enough for that. Unlikely this is the best load for the rifle based purely on the fact that I didn't look to max out accuracy by changing bullet or charge, but I certainly can't guaranty that.

Below is a target from final sight in shots prior to going on the hunt. I shot 3 shots in pic, then adjusted the scope 3 clicks, the fired a confirmation shot. Was certainly good enough for me so I called it good. This was off a bipod with rear bag from a bench.

I will have pics of the rifle when i get home in a couple of days. Price shipped and insured is $1750. Gun will be for sale locally as well.

It will come with a Ken Farrell base but no scope or rings.

Link to gun on Cooper website.... http://cooperfirearms.com/schnabel

Thanks.

Tom

048F4673-C202-4925-BB98-2E89879C409B.jpeg
83B6E9B7-6D91-4CB0-B29F-12099BEA1876.jpeg
E7C1FF04-1426-42B6-A0BE-EF134A47DDDA.jpeg

Last edited: