Cartridge initial volume vs pressure

trickytune

Ok I have been trying to order Quickload but they want $47 odd shipping or 10 pounds but way dearer price. Anyway I have been looking at outputs from Quickload of pressure change with seating depth and the change in powder load to get same pressures. This has me thinking... a lot. Just done some calculations on a 260 rem case going by SAAMI specs just to start with. I calculated approx case capacity minus the neck volume and get a base figure. Now if we add to that volume by seating longer or changing volume of case do we get the same pressure change? I calculated by seating at 2.99" which is .190" longer than SAAMI I will add approx 3.54% initial volume. Can I expect that I can add approx 3.54% more powder to get the same pressure as before? From what I see in Quickload I think its close. No need to point out what a reloading manual will tell me. It relates to SAAMI who loads VLD bullets to that? The more I read my Berger manual or anything by Brian Litz the more questions I have!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.