Camping places near area 21

maninthemaze

Hello, I was curious if you guys have any suggestions on where to park a camper while antelope hunting. I'll be in area 21 in a few days. I don't want to park where I'll be in the way or screw up someone's hunting spots. I have looked at the Outlaw Campground, but that is on the north side of the hunting area. Something along the southern border would make things a little more convenient. Maybe just a short dead end two track?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Sorry I didn't see your post in time to help but I would imagine you figured it out when you got there and saw all the campers parked along the roads on BLM......One of them was mine LOL
Where did you end up camping and did you have any luck getting one of the few bucks?

We ended up setting up 200 yards off 114 on Antelope Springs Ranch Rd. And I couldn't believe how many hunters there were. Seems like every time we would glass we could spot 4 or 5 trucks in the distance. Maybe this is normal on opening week?

Me and my brother were both successful and there is meat in the freezer. My buck was pretty nice. He's going on the wall no matter what his measurements are. My brothers buck was pretty small, but he was happy. Hell, we were both pretty excited about the hunts. Hopefully next year, we'll be hunting goats in Wyoming again.

Here's a picture of my buck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-23-14-03-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-23-14-03-35.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 111
That's a nice goat for the area this year!
I was the fifth wheel camped on antelope spring road right across from the big camp. I was the first one up top after deer opening morning. 22 trucks went down the back of the ranch, 12 down the BLM bluff road, I lost track of all the headlights down on the flats after goats but safe to say it was over 50 vehicles and that doesn't include all the trucks and camper down on Kilts side......Pretty much normal but what was not normal was the dry warm weather that didn't have the goats pushed onto their winter range. The goat numbers where WAY down this year. We where out there last Sunday and still found at least a hundred goats on the Antelope Springs side and 50 or so on Kilts. The Tobin sanctuary still had a hundred or so goats in it. In past years they where in the thousands with the numbers dwindling the last four years!
We are going to look for a different third choice next year!

No way would I hunt an area like that with so many others around. It brings out the worst in a lot of people and it's a wonder people aren't getting shot with that many in an area. I helped my resident buddy take this 80"+ buck the second morning of the season where he can draw a tag and we didn't see another hunter where we go. We got him within a mile of where we got an 84 4/8" B&C buck last season.

Attachments

• P1020467.JPG
    P1020467.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 119
I'm guessing that our lack of any preference points, and this being our first ever pronghorn hunt, we were pretty happy. The taxidermist said part of the reason there were so many people in the area was because opening day of pronghorn coincided with opening day for deer as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts