Barret .416?

I saw the show and had about the same thought that Kirby did.They did not shoot the same quality rounds in the two different calibers.That and the fact they had two different shooters and the guy shootin the 50BMG didn't do his job.I say that cause I've shot the 50BMG to those ranges and could have gotten about the same results with the 50BMG and those guys do this stuff for a living,I'm just a reTIRED dairy farmer that welds for a living now.If that ex seal did really hit the first shot with a cold bore with the 416 he has all the respect that I can give,that is some great shootin!!
My guess is if they gave both guns to Kirby and allowed him to upgrade the 50BMG round to the 416 level you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the two.
Barrett was selling guns and ammo in that advertisement,something he is very good at.Not to discredit Ronnie at all cause he has done a lot to promote long range arms as well as his guns!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.