Attention Admins: Please Delete

Re: Lapua Scenar Performance on game...

Hi Sheldon, it looks like you answered your own question.
smile.gif
Use what you are comfortable with,the 250 Game Kings.

I´m not saying the other bullets are worse or better. I have shot one moose with 250 Scenar at 300+ with 338 LM , no problems, they are relatively hard and tough bullets and they like lots of velocity to open up. Now I use 300 MK:s for everything, I´m a "one load per rifle" -type of hunter. Find it,stick to it.

Accubonds are great too, probably more controllable on game but I doubt you have the time to get to know those or any other choices better than the Game Kings that you already know. GK:s are very good bullets. Peace of mind and confidence are important.

I´ve been in similar situations many times, much better to stick to known,reliable things instead of changing something just before a hunt. I think I know how you feel now, you will do just fine with Game Kings. There is no miracle bullet, it´s the hit that counts.

And forget the lion with that setup. Bigger holes and more power are needed.

Good luck,sounds like a great trip to come!
smile.gif

Petander is on the nose. Once you have your load for an individual firearm one should stay with it. If you have your hunting/target load use it for plinking and your hunting/target because there is a tendency to "Okay, I shot this load on my last trip to hunt/range" "I shot some flubbers and they did ...... hmm should I disremember what it did the last time I shot the gun or ..doggone, I hunted with it and I needed to hold it +/- inches at 160 Meters. Aw shoot. I wished I'd'a never used those flubber/plinkers!"

Really. Your experiences with the 250 Game King, and 225's are opposite of mine, I can't justify shooting the 250, because I just can't get the velocity up. Granted I have never shot the accubonds, but with 75 grains of H4350, I can shoot 225gr Speer Boattails into under an inch, and hovering right around 3000 FPS. Back it down to 74 grains and they are usually going into the same hole. (can't remember the velocity on that one though)

Anyways, I would just go with what you are comfortable with, and not worry to much, its shot placement that counts the most.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.